Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Thursday 7 February 2013

20 Days of Gold Making: Day 16

Flipping! Do you flip stuff regularly or sometimes? Big ticket items or smaller high volume stuff?

Until yesterday I had never heard of flipping (in this context) and had no idea what it meant. So I decided to leave answering this question until someone else had! Luckily for me Kaitz posted her answer to the question and helped me out - although she's not 100% on flipping either. But I'm going to go along with her definition anyway:
"Flipping is a very very new term to me, by what I understand, its buying up cheap items that are already on the auction and selling for a few gold/silver higher and you have successfully 'flipped' an item? Hope someone can clear that up for me."                 Kaitz
 
I have never flipped. I have bought items that I think are bargains/selling cheap to keep/use them but I don't think I've ever re-sold them. And if I have re-sold them it's been because I've built up a surplus of the item and am having a clear out / AH-binge. So I wouldn't really count that as flipping.

I think that it sounds like an interesting topic and potentially a good way of making gold. However, I don't think I follow the AH, what's selling, what's not etc well enough to be able to safely do this! It's like investment - I don't have the knowledge to do it without risking everything. Plus, talking big items - I'm not sure if I have a big enough stash of gold to buy a bargain that may not sell for 6 months essentially tieing up all of my gold. Maybe one day...

3 comments:

  1. If you've started using TSM, you can start using the dealfinding search option. You can import shopping lists that others have already created. There are 81-85 blue quality items with an ilvl of 416-450 if I remember correctly. They are all MoP rare world drops and sometimes you can find them up for just a few hundred gold, on most servers they sell for over one thousand gold! Jim did a post on how to set up this dealfinding list and makes it pretty simple. Check out the post over at www.powerwordgold.net ! I think it was a January post from this year if I'm not mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have started TSM, still getting used to it and trying things out. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out :)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome, I hope it proves to be a useful tool for you :)

      Delete