Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Monday 11 November 2013

Free Boost to 90!

Yesterday I posted about the next WoW expansion, Warlords of Draenor, but decided to leave one aspect out as I thought it deserved it's own post - the free boost to level 90!
"Level 90 Character Upgrade
Arise a Champion
Opposing the Iron Horde are the heroes of Azeroth—at the heights of power they’ve always been destined for. Even if you’re new or returning to the game, Warlords empowers you to immediately upgrade one of your characters to level 90 and master new abilities at the gateway to Draenor, so that you can charge into grand combat right away. Play the races and classes you’ve always wanted to try, wage war alongside your friends, and take your place among Warcraft’s finest."                                        Source

Following the BlizzCon announcement Jeff (aka SpaceBard) asked What will you use your free 90 on? and todays WoW Insider breakfast topic was What character will you be boosting to level 90?
 
Now my response to Jeff was:
"I have a lot of characters partially leveled so I’d be tempted to get one of them to 90. But, I’d also be tempted to roll a new character and boost them all the way. Or, roll a Hordie in a class I know how to play (in the loosest sense), get them to 90 for the achieve and be able to play them fairly well. It will require much thinking and possibly the roll of a dice!"                                                                                                    Source
I admit, this response was probably the first I'd really had to think about it. Having thought some more about it today I'm still in total agreement with my previous statement but here's some additional thoughts...

I'm a big fan of the idea both for existing veteran and for new players a-like. When I started playing WoW back in Feb 2012 leveling to 85 was quite a daunting task and not an easy one - it was a long journey! As the game continues to expand can you really expect new players to spend weeks possibly months before they get to end content? Personally, as I've no doubt said time and time again, I love leveling but it takes me FOREVER! I'm not sure how many new players would make it to max level before giving up on the game.

As for veteran players, I'm sure there's a lot of rather black-&-white opinions on the matter. But I think we, as players, have to consider that some people do not have the time to level an army of alts even though they want them. For me this is enough of a reason for the boosts introduction.

All-in-all I think this is an awesome chance for me to gain a new high-level alt and for new players to real get stuck into the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment