Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Sunday 26 May 2013

A Nautical Day Out

Today I decided to take part in the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza. I hadn't taken part in a long time - since I got the Accomplished Angler achievement back in January. I guess I had no intentions of going back but a recent post by Tome of the Ancient made me think about taking part again. Having decided that I'd go back an give it a go I then made the unusual (yet logical) reason to take part on my mage - to improve her fishing skill and hopefully get her some new fishing gear *fingers crossed*.

I arrived with three minutes to go and was quite surprised at how empty the coastline was! It would seem that less people are taking part in it nowadays whether thats because most people have won the tournament or perhaps given up. Once the tournament started I thought it was a bit weird that no fishing pools were appearing on my mini-map and then I realised that I hadn't ever got the Weather-Beatne Journal and therefore the Find Fish ability. Fortuntely the fishing gods had seen my plight and rewarded me with an Iron Bound Trunk, containing the journal, on my second cast.

 
The tournament then continued as usual - casting, catching fish, people sharing my pools (to put it politely). I even managed to get a special fish - Keefer's Angelfish. First and second place went and I was on 36 fish with 4 to go. People from other servers were already talking about how all three winning spots had gone on their respective servers.

 
I got my 40 Speckled Tastyfish and headed straight back to Booty Bay and finished in third place! This got me the Master Angler of Azeroth achiev, a High Test Eternium Fishing Line for coming third and the Lucky Fishing Hat for the special fish.


Following this I went down to the barbican where there was a pirate festival going on with lots of little events in the sun etc. All-in-all a pretty successful and rather nautical day so far.

5 comments: