Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Saturday 25 May 2013

Pet-mog!

A couple of weeks ago I invited my blog readers & twitter followers alike to enter a little transmog contest that I decided to host as part of my birthday celebrations. Firstly, I should thank those that took the time to make a 'mog. They all really impressed me and inspired me to 'mog more often. The proviso was simply to make a 'mog based on the appearance of a companion/battle pet. On with the show...

Tome of the Ancient sent me this screenshot and a description:

"Here's Cat getting ready to garden in Halfhill. She was so excited she finally got a deal on a Sen'jin Fetish at the AH she decided to pose with him and try to impersonate him!"


 
Tyledres who writes the blog Frost and Claws sent me this Clockwork Rocket Bot impersonation. The helm works perfectly and I think as a whole it works brilliantly on a goblin body!

 
Here we have Zeriah of Azeroth Life with her Plump Turkey companion pet. Again, another good choice of race to match the 'mog.


This is Farli of The Overcut's 'mog to look like the Purple Puffer. Until I saw this screenshot I didn't realise there was so much purple clothing in the game!

 
Fianlly, Mrs B (of MrandMrsWoW)'s "silly entry" to look like a Winter Reindeer. As there was no red nose in game she settled for an offhand which I think works really well anyway.

 
Again, thanks for entering peepsie. I really will be trying to make transmog sets of my own rather than using pre-defined sets (yes, I'm lazy!). So, start off with here is my slightly cleaner than the pet looks version of a Clockwork Gnome.
 

18 comments:

  1. Been waiting to see what people came up with, they are all really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are and all so different.

      Delete
  2. These are brilliant! I especially love Tyledres', an extraordinary likeness.

    Well done to everyone :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - when I saw it I was slightly stunned by the likeness!

      Delete
  3. Wow these are all great, this was a super fun idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! These are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so great! Love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I hadn't intended to pick a favourite and it was a good job as I don't think I'd have been able to!

      Delete
  6. So cute! So well-done! Bravo, everyone!

    I wanted to do something for this, too, but I was just completely stumped for inspiration. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I guess it was a bit of a weird theme - I wasnt't sure if it would work out but it did :)

      Delete
  7. Fantastic! They are all so awesome! I failed in that I could not find a mog to match my pet (but I'm glad now because it would have looked atrocious next to these excellent efforts!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which else? :D my star pet Tyrael LOL

      Delete
    2. Ah of course! and I can definately imagine the issues you had - expecially with the wings!

      Delete
  8. I love them all, especially yours and Tyledres (must be going through a mechanical phase).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I;m a big fan of mechanical pets personally :)

      Delete