Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Wednesday 29 May 2013

My Top 10 Favourite Companion Pets!

Swenyola posted her top 10 comanion pets back on the 9th and since then it's really taken off! Since the original post I've seen Mrand MrsWoW, Lorelei, Zeriah, Luxypie, Navimie all post their own and yesterday Kamaliaetalia posted her own (which I have to confess reminded me about my own draft that's been waiting for some time now!). I think this is a really good idea for a mini community event and it's certainly got people talking and thinking.

I've been thinking about how to define my 'Top 10' and I've come to the conclusion that it's impossible for me to simply say it's an overall 'Top 10'. I could easily name 10 pets based on their models/appearance, pet battle abilities or those that mean something to me. I've decided to post my 'Top 10' pets that I either worked hard to get or instantly fell in love with.

Sprite Darter Hatchling
This is the first pet I ever remember wanting! It really was love at first sight. Once pets were cageable this was my first purchase.


Disgusting Oozeling
As far as I can remember the Disgusting Oozeling was the first pet I decided to farm for. Prior to MoP I went on a mission to get as many pets as possible before pet battles went live. The Oozeling (or Ozzy as I've named mine) is a random drop from Oozing Bags which are dropped my most ooze-like things. I got mine from Shifting Mireglobs in the Swamp of Sorrows.



Tiny Emerald Whelpling
The Tiny Emerald Whelpling is drops from the Noxious Whelps found in Feralas. I'm not sure when I first saw this pet but I started to farm for it before MoP. I managed to get two - keeping one for myself and sold the other.


Tiny Sporebat
The Tiny Sporebat can be purchased from Mycah the Sporeggar quartermaster once you reach axalted status. For me it's a pet that I instantly loved the look of and wanted which spurred me on to do the rep grind.


Minfernal
Minfernal makes the list for two reasons - not only did I put a lot of effort into getting my own but I also love his design. He really was one of those pets that I saw and thought I must have one. On top of this they were extremely hard to get when MoP launched. You can read about my quest to find the Mysterious Minfernal and about when I finally got my own by clicking on the links.



Enchanted Broom
The Enchanted Broom is another pet that I thought was not only awesome but very unique. The Broom can be purchased for 40 Champion's Seals from Trellis Morningsun. As I had no Horde characters at a high enough level I had to wait 'til pets were cageable and for onr to turn up on my realm AH before I had my own.

Phoenix Hatchling
The Phoenix Hatchling is a drop from Kael'thas Sunstrider who can be found in Magisters' Terrace. Now I have to confess whilst I have farmed for this pet repeatedly I've never got it myself. Rather a guildie who had several caged one and gave it to me.

Perky Pug
The Perky Pug is a reward for getting the achievement Looking for Multitudes which I got quite recently. I think the Pug is an awesome pet and in all honesty it's one of the reasons why I've used Dungeon Finder to find groups. I'm not sure if I'd have sone so many otherwise!

Singing Sunflower
The Singing Sunflower is another pet that I went back to get prioro to MoP and pet battles. You get it for completing Lawn of the Dead in the Hillsbrad Foothills.


 
Scourged Whelpling
 
The Scourged Whelpling is another pet that became available for wild battling and capture with MoP. Similarly to the Minfernal I liked the design of the pet before I became aware of its rarity and this only encouraged me to work harder to get my own. You can read all about my hunt for my own and when I finally got mine by following the links.

7 comments:

  1. Nice top 10! Think I may join you all in the list pot :D Have to agree with the broom 100%, it looks cool and its battle moves are insane :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta. Yeah the broom has got some pretty good moves too :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome, I love the enchanted broom too. Is the Scourged Whelpling as good as everyone says? I have one but never use it!

    Great Top 10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've come up against teams of 3 health breed Scourged... I just leave LOL!

      Awesome top 10!

      Delete
    2. Ta. Well I leveled mine after I caught it to level 25 (only a few levels) and I do use it every now and then. I wouldn't say it's my fave pet but it's not a bad battler!

      Delete
  3. I love the Singing Sunflower! Always been one of my favorite pets. Fun one to get too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an awesome pet & yeah it is pretty fun getting it in the first place.

      Delete