Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Sunday 14 July 2013

A Busy Week Fun-Running!

I haven't blogged since Wednesday due to a pretty hectic week of Fun-Runs! Tuesday right through to Friday I was on Fun-Runs and so I haven't done a great deal outside of this in-game. Plus I've been coming home from work and logging almost straight into WoW (which has got me into real-life trouble for not doing my jobs around the house, oops!). So, yesterday I caught up on the house work, gardening etc. and finally watched The Hobbit!

We started Bastion of Twilight on Tuesday evening. Previous trips to BoT have not been very successful for me! Despite this I was pretty sure things couldn't go much worse than the last time I went and thankfully I was right!!


Day 1

We cleared Halfus Wyrmbreaker, Valiona & Theralion, Elementium Monstrosity and Cho'gall all fairly successfully. We had the odd wipe here and there but nothing major. That said, Sinestra proved to be trickier! I'm not sure if any of us had fought her before but she certainly proved to be a pain. We had to call it on Tuesday due to people needing to leave etc. (we had been going for about 2.5 to 3hrs).

Heroic: Halfus Wyrmbreaker
Heroic: Valiona and Theralion
Heroic: Ascendant Council
Heroic: Cho'gall






Kitty found herself a new profession as a masseuse!
We returned on Wednesday with a slightly different line-up and refreshed brains. Sadly, we made a vast improvement on the previous nights efforts, primarily due to understanding the fight significantly better. Sadly, we again failed to get the kill before people had to leave. Finally, upon returning for the third night we downed Sinestra first time!

Heroic: Sinestra


The Killers!
Despite the difficulties we had on the final boss it really was the best run I've ever had of BoT.

Having finished BoT earlier than we'd anticipated on Thursday evening we headed to Firelands. I completed my first full clear of Firelands not that long ago so it was nice to go back again. We had largely the same group of people with a few different people here and there. It went very smoothly, similar to how the first part of BoT had gone. We had one wipe on trash and one on Ragnaros (I think).

Share the Pain

Then of course there was the Friday Fun-Run! Sadly, Miss Murloc was unable to make it due to internet issues but we battled through. This week we returned to Ulduar. Last time we did Ulduar I missed the majority of it due to being stuck at work so it was nice to do it in full.


Interestingly, for once, we had more hunters than anything else. Normally we tend to have a lot of mages. So, I decided to bring my mage along for the ride. Her damage-dealing-capabilities are pretty shit but she's never seen Ulduar so it was a little treat for her.

We had some issues with the Flame Leviathan. Firstly, we wiped a few times. Secondly, following one wipe we were all unable to release. So we were stuck in our corpses for a while before someone managed to get out. Following this minor episode we decided to destroy the towers, then the Leviathan and succeeded!

Now for the massive list of achievs I got:

Shutout
A Quick Shave
Stokin' the Furnace
Heartbreaker
Must Deconstruct Faster
Nerf Gravity Bombs
Nerf Engineering
The Siege of Ulduar
Observed
I Choose You, Steelbreaker
Crazy Cat Lady
The Antechamber of Ulduar
I Could Say That This Cache Was Rare
I Have the Coolest Friends
Cheese the Freeze
Siffed
Lose Your Illusion
I'll Take You All On
Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood
Getting Back to Nature
Con-speed-atory
The Secrets of Ulduar
The Keepers of Ulduar

 
As always thanks to everyone that helped to organise and/or take part :)

2 comments:

  1. So many achievements! Well done! :D

    Those Fun-Runs looks... well FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) we do try our best to have a laugh!

      Delete