Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Sunday 28 July 2013

Breakfast Topic Thoughts: Which playable race would you like to see come to WoW?

Today's Breakfast Topic, asked by Elizabeth Harper, is "Which playable race would you like to see come to WoW?". This topic follows an interview with Greg Street in which he spoke about Naga being a playable race (more on this here).

I think Naga would be a pretty cool race to play, I do like how they slither along and their movements in general. But I can see how this causes a number of problems - especilly when it comes to gear! After all Naga don't need shoes as they don't have feet! Obviously there would be the possibility of removing unnecessary gear slots for certain races but inevitably this would make them easier (or possibly) harder to gear effectively.

For me, Elizabeth has made a great choice with Murlocs. I would love to play one! Again though, I can see potential problems with gear. I'm not sure how the stick-thin arms and legs of Murlocs would look in gear... not to mention their thingys (on their backs).

Other races that I'd like to play include: Jinyu, Furbolgs and the Tuskar.

But, and this is a big but, I would 100% prefer for the older race models to be revamped than to have new races in the next expansion. This leads me to a post by The Godmother from this morning which talks about whether we can expect one or two new races with the new expansion. She goes on to say:
"What if the selling point in this 10th Year Anniversary Edition of the game ISN'T NEW RACES but is the finally-anticipated reworkings of all the existing models?"         Source
The combination of the Breakfast Topic and the Godmothers post really got me thinking about the possibilit ofy new races and/or updating the old ones. Personally, I won't play a Human character as I think they look that bad! Yes, it is because I'm comparing them to a real Human being but thats bound to happen with a real-life race.

I realise that with past expansions new races have acted as selling points, as have new professions and classes. Nonetheless, I do feel that people would sacrifice a new race if it meant that the existing ones were transformed from angular, dated creations to smooth, modern ones. Not to mention new hair styles etc.

4 comments:

  1. I would like to see Nagas or Murlocs too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice thoughts on the topic Jojo. I would like a Jinyu :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Navi! Jinyu would be awesome, I kinda wish they'd had them as MoPs second race... but everyone wants a Panda!

      Delete