In the interest of giving a balanced argument I do understand why some people may choose not to use them. If you have a guild that runs dungeons every night and actively raids and you want to be a part of that then you probably don't need to use these tools. I also get why some people may want to take part in real raiding, whether it's for the loot, the team/community aspect or simply to get away from losers such as myself that are quite happy sitting at the bottom of Recount!
Now the second possible answer "I don't use them, and I wish they had not been put in the game" in particular interested me. Not wanting to use the tool is a personal choice thing. But wishing they had not been added is a whole other thing - especially if you don't use them. By this I mean, these people can't complain at what happens in LFR (for example) as it doesn't effect them. I'm not sure if I think they're simply being selfish, ignorant or... well I won't go there.
On with the results*....
I must admit that this wasn't quite the results I was expecting - but I'm pleasently surprised by this. Here's some interpretations** that I've taken from the results:
- More people use group finder tools than I thought ~95%, with ~5% not.
- Is it possible that those who go on about them having no place in WoW actually use them?
- Most people think these tools are of some benefit to the game (whether they personally benefit or not) ~81%.
- I'm glad that atleast some people appreciate how useful these tools can be - even if they don't use them!
- There are people that use these tolls but "think the game might be better without them".
- I'm genuinely curious why people think this. Judging by the comments some people find the noob & idiots to be a serious game issue and others have even suggested it takes away the community aspects (i.e. guild runs).
"The pros far, far outweigh the cons in my opinions".
* results likely to alter if more people vote
** these are my personal interpretations and are based on the assumption that the people that voted are not lying & are a fair, even representation of the WoW Community.