Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Saturday 2 February 2013

20 Days of Gold Making: Day 12

What was your biggest 'oops' moment?

Hmm... I know I have definately made some silly mistakes but remembering what they were isn't proving easy! In fact I'm struggling to think of anything - even small things.

So, I've been thinking about my answer overnight and still nothing major has sprung to mind. Instead I'm going to talk about some other silly things that I've done.

I have frequently, and will no doubt continue to, buy items that I already have / can get for free without realising. This sounds really dumb, I know, and it mostly happens when I'm in a rush and not thinking things through fully. Whilst this isn't directly related to making gold it certainly is a waste of the gold.

For example, I purchased all of my hunters glyphs and atleast half of my mage's from the AH. At the time I didn't have an inscriptor and believed my only option was to purchase my glyphs. Little did I know that my guild had a guild vault tab full of them - including the ones I'd purchased! I now know to check the bank first!

I previously mentioned that I'm a bit of a hoarder. My personal guild bank is full of items waiting to one day be used. I am in no doubt that one day I will need and use these items but not when this day will be. As a result I'm sat on a lot of gold, just waiting. Not all of the stuff I hoard is worth a lot - some of it just 1 or 2gold a stack. But if I were to sell the lot (or even vendor it) I'm sure I'd make a fair bit. I just can't bear the thought of selling it, then needing it and having to acquire it again. So, maybe my hoarding is a bit of an 'oops' moment and I should just sell the lot for gold. However, I don't think that will be happening anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. I am a hoarder too - I always think 'what if'. I tend to make a lot of stuff (ench., tailoring, inscription) for the guild so mats are always handy to have.

    Spilling over to 4 toons banks accounts probably is a bit extreme though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've purposely restricted my self to one bank-alt and only 5 tabs to avoid hoarding too much!

      Delete