Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Sunday 3 February 2013

20 Days of Gold Making: Day 13

This has happened to me a few times - I've mounted but
not transformed into the drake and end up floating!
What was your biggest 'Yay!' moment?

I've already mentioned this moment several times throughout the 20 Days of Gold Making but nevermind.

The first time I saw the Sandstone Drake (from the Vial of the Sands) I knew I had to have one for myself. I loved how it looked - especially the spikey/jagged yellow gem-like bits. At this point I didn't even realise that you turned into the drake and that someone could ride on you. So, I asked the boyfriend and he explained this to me and that the drake comes from a combination of alchemy and archaeology - at the time my alchemist was no where near high enough and had no archaeology skill. I had no choice but to start saving for the mount and acquiring it soon became an in-game goal of mine.

I did acquire the Sandstone Drake and this is the real yay! moment. I spoke about achieveing my goal in my Day 8 post but I'll recall it again here. The boyfriend was browsing the AH and saw two Vial of the Sands for around 17k gold. I can't remember the exact amount but it was a real bargain! I quickly logged my banking-alt to find I only had 15k. By this point my boyf had got his Vial of the Sands and very kindly gave me the extra gold to buy mine. I was so happy when I got it and continue to use it just as a single-person flying mount today.

No comments:

Post a Comment